Sunday, June 2, 2013

Roasted Veggies

So, it's June 2nd and it's 50 degrees in Chicago.  Makes you want to grill out, right?  Or not.

Last week, I took my nephew to a cooking class for kids.  More on that later.  We roasted veggies in class and afterwards I had a taste for roasted veggies.  I bought some zucchini, yellow squash, baby bella mushrooms, red, yellow, and green peppers, grape tomatoes, and purple onions.  I preheated the oven to 400 degrees and cut the veggies to relatively uniform sizes...don't give yourself a nervous breakdown about that.

I put all of the veggies in a bowl and tossed them with some good olive oil, then poured them onto a jelly roll pan.  I salted and peppered the veggies and put them in oven for about 22 minutes; stirring gently after 15 minutes and checking the largest veggies for tenderness.

I served these tonight with NY strip steaks (cooked on the indoor grill), baked potatoes, corn on the cob and spinach arugula salad.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...