Monday, August 19, 2013

Sweet Potato Hash

OK, Chris had a sweet potato hash when we were out last night at a local restaurant with andouille sausage.  I am making this for my mother in law and didn't want to go that spicy so I got some mild chorizo.  It may need some tweaking but here is what I have so far.

7 large sweet potatoes cut into something between a match stick and a dice
1 large green pepper, diced
1 large red pepper, diced
1 large purple pepper, diced (if you cannot find purple toss in an orange or yellow)
1 large onion, diced
14oz. mild chorizo
Salt and pepper to taste
Juice of 1 lime

Saute sweet potatoes.  I used garlic infused grapeseed oil.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Also, brown chorizo.  Once chorizo is browned use paper towels to drain grease.  Once the sweets start to soften, I removed them from the heat and sauteed the peppers and onions until the onions are translucent. Toss potatoes, other veggies and chorizo until well blended.  Pour into a covered baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.  When you pull it from the oven, squeeze the lime over the top.

I am kicking myself for not taking a photo because the colors were beautiful.  Guess I'll have to make it again.



No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...