Thursday, September 26, 2013

Summer Gallery

Over the course of the summer, we get the opportunity to have certain foods that aren't as good in the winter.  Don't get me wrong, I like eating in winter too but here are some beautiful things I have made and eaten this summer.

My spin on Caprese Salad


Fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, fresh sliced cucumber, salt, pepper and balsamic.  Easy enough to cut up and eat for lunch at work...note keyboard in the background.

Ribs


My oldest stepson is nuts about my ribs...we had some good rib making weather this year...read it wasn't 100 degrees outside while the ribs roast in a low oven for 5 hours!

Philly Cheesesteaks


We made these with fresh peppers, onions, and mushrooms.

Homemade tomato sauce


Got a bushel of tomatoes and cooked until we dropped!!!!

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...