Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pesto Polenta Lasagna

This might be a recipe I have to try when Chris is out of town...he prefers meals with meat.  I am finding that I don't necessarily need meat at dinner all the time.  I will have to take out a second mortgage for the pine nuts.  I wonder what makes them so expensive!

1 18oz. package polenta, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
12oz. marinara sauce
1/4 C. pesto
1/4 C. pine nuts
1 C. shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Oil an 11x7x2 inch baking dish.

Arrange a single layer of polenta in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.  Spread a thin layer of pesto over the polenta.  Spoon half of the sauce over the polenta.  Top with another layer of polenta and sauce.

Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes.  Turn on the broiler.  Top polenta with cheese and pine nuts; broil until cheese browns and nuts are toasted.



No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...