Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tuna Melts

For a while I was getting daily emails from a cooking website....I kept or printed recipes until I had a pile of paper and a clogged up email box.  When you see a flurry of recipes (no, not outside), I am working through the collection of emails.

I love tuna melts...as long as they are homemade.  For some reason I have an aversion to tuna salad made by someone I don't know.  Chris makes a fantastic tuna salad and from time to time we'll put it under the broiler with some cheese.

When I make the recipe I think I will add a tomato under the cheese...a beautiful ripe tomato from the yard.

PS-my beagle thinks she is a cat and hops to attention when the tuna can is opened!

1 1lb. loaf French bread
1 small sweet onion, peeled and diced
1 12oz. can tuna, drained
2 c. mozzarella cheese
1 C. mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, combine sweet onion, drained tuna, mozzarella, and mayonnaise.  Mix thoroughly.  Spread tuna mixture on slices of French bread to form a sandwich.  Place sandwiches on a cookie sheet.

Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...