Sunday, April 13, 2014

Chicken Parm Meatballs

I found these on Pinterest under a blog called Daydream Kitchen.  I made some tweaks which I will note as I go.  They smell fantastic!

  • 1 1/4 pounds minced chicken-- I bought ground chicken and ran in through the food processor to mince it up.
  • 2 tablespoons onion, chopped-- I used a large shallot
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs--I was out of regular breadcrumbs so I used panko
  • zest of 1/2 lemon
  • 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
  • 1 minced  clove garlic
  • 1 tsp fennel seeds
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1 14-oz  canned pizza sauce--I used a marinara
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 oz fresh mozzarella--This time around I am going to use shredded mozzarella.
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees with the wrack near the top.
  2. Throw in all the ingredients – except for the last 3 – into a bowl, and mix well.
  3. Make large balls with your hands, and arrange them on a foil sheet
  4. Open the canned pizza sauce, and in bowl, mix 1 spoon of the sauce and 3 tsps olive oil.
  5. Use a brush to rub the mixture on the meatballs.
  6. Put in the oven and bake for 15 mins.
  7. When ready, take out from the oven and add some pizza sauce to the meatballs.
  8. Slice the cheese and place a slice on each meatball.
  9. Turn heat on to highest, and insert the meatballs again for 3 to 5 mins for the cheese to toast.
  10. Empty out can of sauce into a pot/pan and heat up.
  11. Remove meatballs from oven and drop the heated sauce as the final touch before serving.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...