Sunday, June 29, 2014

Blueberry Sorbet

I am going to try this most likely this week.  I have the ingredients in house.  I just ran out of time today.  I get almost as excited for blueberry season as I do for cherry season!!

2 pints fresh blueberries
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups cold water
2 lemons (freshly squeezed juice)


Make a simple syrup combining sugar and water in heavy saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat; reduce to medium-low heat and simmer, stirring until sugar has dissolved (6-8 minutes)-(** This step can be made ahead and kept refrigerated until ready to use).

Cool completely.

Combine blueberries, simple syrup and juice from 2 fresh lemons in food processor.

Puree until smooth.

Transfer puree to ice cream maker freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.

Put into freezable container and place in freezer until firm.

Makes 1 quart.


7.21.14--I made this yesterday...it's yummy but I think I would cut back on the sugar a bit and maybe add some thyme.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...