Thursday, October 23, 2014

Chicken with Wine Herb Sauce

I am torn...the weather is supposed to be decent this weekend so I should probably pull out my herbs...but I love fresh herbs and it's supposed to be nice this weekend.  Please feel free to remind me of my error if I am pulling out herbs while it snow flurries because I couldn't stand to pull them out when the weather was nice.

2 8oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. finely chopped shallots
1/3 C. dry white wine
1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
1 tbsp. cold unsalted butter

Slice through each chicken breast horizontally to form 2 thin cutlets.  Warm a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat; season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.  Add 1 tbsp. oil to skillet; swirl to coat.  Add chicken and cook, undisturbed, until golden, about 2 minutes.  Turn and cook until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes longer.  Transfer to platter and tent with foil to keep warm.

Add remaining oil and shallot to skillet; saute 1 minute.  Add wine and cook, stirring to release browned bits from bottom of skillet, until liquid has reduced by about half, 1 to 2 minutes.  Add thyme and remove skillet from heat.  Add butter and swirl until sauce is creamy.  Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.

Per serving:  230 calories, 15g. fat, 151mg. cholesterol, 0g. fiber, 16g. protein, 6g. carbs, 1123mg. sodium, 0mg. iron, 69mg. calcium

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...