Sunday, August 30, 2015

Little Amaretto Cake Loaves

I make mini loaves for my co-workers at Christmas time.  This would be a lovely addition to my repertoire.  If you ever want to invest in your baking habit; buy mini loaf pans.  I have several.  Also, I should probably invest in a large bottle of Amaretto...I buy the airplane sized bottles for my baking and the clerks at the liquor store eye me as if I have a drinking problem. ;-)

4 eggs
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. water
1/2 C. Amaretto
1/2 C. canola oil
1/4 C. butter, melted
2 C. all purpose flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 C. sliced almonds

Glaze:
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. water
1/4 C. butter, cubed
1/4 C. Amaretto

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and flour 4 mini loaf pans.

In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, water, Amaretto, oil and melted butter until well blended.  In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.  Stir in the almonds.

Transfer to prepared pans.  Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.

Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugar, water and butter in small saucepan; bring to a boi.  Cook and stir 3 mintues.  Remove from heat; stir in Amaretto.

Remove cakes from oven; cool in pans or on a wire rack 5 minutes.  Pour glaze over cakes while in pans; let stand until the glaze is absorbed, about 30 minutes.  Remove cakes from pans.  Store cooled cakes, covered in the refrigerator.

Per serving: 217 calories, 11g. fat, 45mg. cholesterol, 188mg. sodium, 24g. carbs. 1g. fiber, 3 g. protein

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...