Monday, November 9, 2015

Pumpkin Chipotle Pasta Sauce

I made this tonight.  I am going to write the recipe as I found it on allrecipes.com and then I will note how I plan to change it the next time I make it.  It was good as written but it was a little hot for me.

1 tbsp. unsalted butter
3 tbsp. minced sweet onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 C. chicken broth
1 C. pumpkin purée
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
1/3 C. low fat milk
1 tsp. ground sage
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.  Whisk in the chicken broth, and bring to a boil; whisk in the pumpkin purée, chipotle peppers in their sauce, milk, sage, salt, coriander, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Allow sauce to come to a simmer, then lower heat to hold a simmer until serving.






I served mine over pumpkin and cheese gnocchi.  I will cut down to 1 pepper and I think I will add 1/3 of a cup of ricotta cheese to cut the heat and thicken the sauce some.  I may also increase the pumpkin to 2 cups.  Tonight I baked chicken breasts and served them with the pasta and sauce.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...