Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cheesy Bacon Meatloaf

I am still working on this recipe as it didn't turn out the way I had hoped the first time I tried it. This does work well in a crockpot for 8-10 hours. I cook all of my meatloaf recipes in my crockpot because otherwise dinner would be pretty late after work! I toss it into the oven for about 20 additional minutes to give it a little crust.

1lb. extra lean ground beef
1 egg, beaten
1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 C. milk
1/4 C. dry bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. each garlic powder, seasoning salt, and dried oregano
1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper
6 slices of bacon, cooked

Mix all ingredients but the bacon together and form a loaf. Place in a loaf pan and top with back. Cook either 1 hour in a 400* oven or 8-10 hours on low in a crockpot.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...