Monday, June 21, 2010

Chipotle Cherry Barbecue Sauce

I am trying to figure out if this is a good thing or not, I have all but 2 ingredients in this recipe. Some people might think I have way too much cooking stuff in my house...in reality, I just have that well stocked pantry I posted about not too long ago. LOL

1 C. ketchup
1/2 C. cherry preserves
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. molasses
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
1 to 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, minced, plus 1 tbsp. adobo sauce
1 tsp. liquid smoke
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

Bring ketchup, cherry preserves, lemon juice, molasses, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lemon peel, chiles, adobo sauce, liquid smoke, onion powder, and cocoa powder to simmer in a medium saucepan, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring often. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Sauce can be made up to a week ahead of time. Refrigerate in a tightly covered container.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...