Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Italian Ice

I don't think Johnnie's has to worry about the competition but I found this recipe in my Food Network magazine. Pronounced eyesh...it looks easy enough and doesn't require an ice cream maker which, oddly enough is one kitchen gadget I do not own. We'll see how this turns out.

3 C. halved strawberries or chopped pineapple
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice

Blend the fruit, sugar, honey and lemon juice with 2 C. ice in a food processor or blender until chunky. Add another 1 C. ice and blend until completely smooth.

Pour the entire mixture into a shallow baking dish and freeze 30 minutes. Scrape the ice with a fork until slushy, then freeze until firm, about 2 more hours.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...