Sunday, July 11, 2010

Rib Rub

Nathan has few requests when he comes to Chicago. Gyros and ribs come to mind immediately. I have no clue how to make gyros so we go out for those and this year he went to Greece so he got some authentic gyros made from pork and chicken instead of lamb--who knew??

Anyway, I made ribs for him today and I created a new rub. I am not huge rib fan but this rub was my favorite by far and the ribs I got at Caputos today were the meatiest I have ever bought. They were amazing. Topped with Chris' BBQ sauce (recipe is in the blog) they came out great!

I don't measure when I make a rub except if I am using something particularly spicy. I mostly add stuff and taste and tweak it until it tastes "just so". I can't tell you what "just so" is but you'll know it when you get there. Some of the spices are from Penzeys and I know that not everyone has Penzeys spices but pick out your favorites and mix your own. If it's good on ribs it will be good on pork roast as well.

I made two batches of this rub and it covered 3 full slabs of ribs.

BBQ of the Americas (Penzeys)
garlic powder
BBQ rub (Pampered Chef)
BBQ seasoning
Galena Street (Penzeys)
1/4 tsp. Cajun seasoning (add more if you like it hot)
Charbroil seasoning
brown sugar

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...