Sunday, September 12, 2010

Herbed Chicken Noodle Soup

I made this today and it was almost a disaster because I decided that posing photos on FB was more important that watching my soup but I will get to that later.  I will enjoy this soup next week for lunch. 

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 handful of fresh herbs, I used sage, tarragon and Italian flatleaf parsley, chopped
3 cartons of sodium free chicken broth
2 pinches dried thyme
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 small onion, chopped fine
20 baby carrots sliced like match sticks
2 celery ribs, chopped
1/2 pound pasta, I used gemelli today



Pour 2 cartons of chicken stock into a soup pot.  Hold onto the third carton, you'll need it later.  Place the chicken breasts in the broth and simmer over medium heat, adding the celery, carrots, and onion, stirring occasionally.  Stir in the thyme, poultry seasoning, and fresh herbs.  Bring to a boil and then lower the heat and gently simmer for about an hour.

Remove chicken and cool slightly.  Shred chicken and return to soup.  Add the pasta and bring back to a boil.  Get preoccupied with something else and forget about the soup until there is barely any liquid in the pot.  Add the third carton of broth  and warm through.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...