Sunday, September 12, 2010

Roasted Beets with Rosemary

I made these yesterday...the farmer's market had beautiful beets so I picked up a couple of bunches and whipped up this recipe I found on allrecipes.com.  They are good.  I think it's weird that I like beets but I have loved them since I was a kid but I only liked them pickled...Aunt Nellie's to be specific.  I guess I am broadening my horizons.

1 pound medium fresh beets, peeled

4 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 sprigs fresh rosemary

Cut each beet into six wedges; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add olive oil and salt; seal and shake to coat.


Place a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. long) in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Arrange beets on foil and top with rosemary. Fold foil around beet mixture and seal tightly. Bake at 400 degrees F for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beets are tender. Discard rosemary sprigs.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...