Sunday, January 2, 2011

Grilled Nectarines w/ Feta

If you've read this blog or let's be honest, simply a post or two, you know we like summer and we love to grill.  As I type this we are smoking a brisket indoors because it's 22 degrees outside and I am not going to make poor Chris hang around outside for umpteen hours while the brisket smokes.  Let's just say, it's a shame I cannot convey the smell in my house through this laptop.  Anyway, back to grilling.  I have wanted to try grilling fruit forever.  Once nectarines come into season, we're going to try this.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

4 nectarines, halved and pitted
1 C. coarsely crumbled feta cheese
Melted butter for basting

Prepare barbecue (medium high heat).  Brush nectarines with butter.  Grill nectarines, cut side down, until grill marks appear; about 4 to 5 minutes.  Turn nectarines over.  Sprinkle with cheese, then pepper.  Grill until grill marks appear on the bottoms, about 4 to 5 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...