Sunday, January 2, 2011

Toasted Sesame Seed Sugar Cookies

I am going through some of my old cooking magazines and taking out the good recipes.  Then I will make a large deposit in my recycle bin.  I need to keep the recycle truck drivers busy for the next couple of weeks!  These look really good and I think instead of drizzling the melted chocolate on them, I may dip them.  We'll see what happens.

2 3/4 C. flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C. butter, softened
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 jars (1.62oz. each) McCormick Toasted Sesame Seeds (or use plain sesame seeds and toast them yourself)
2 oz. bittersweet baking chocolate, melted

Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.  Beat butter with electric mixer, on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add sugar, beat until well blended.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Gradually beat in flour mixture and 1/4 C. of the sesame seeds on low speed.

Refrigerate dough 2 hours or until firm.  Shape into 1 inch balls.  Roll in remaining sesame seeds.  Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute.  Remove to wire racks; cool completely.  Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate.  Let stand until chocolate is set.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...