Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca

I had chicken saltimbocca for the first time on a trip to Yellowstone and LOVED it.  I've ordered other places since.  I am going to try making this myself.  This is from Cooking Light Magazine so I am guessing it will be WW friendly which is good because I am spending quality time with the WW program these days.  I won't have decent fresh sage until deep into spring but I dried some of what I grew late summer and will use that in the meantime.

4 chicken cutlets
1/8 tsp. salt
12 fresh sage leaves
2oz. very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 8 thin strips
4 tsp. olive oil, divided
1/3 C.  low sodium chocken broth
1/4 C. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. corn starch
Lemon wedges (optional)

Spinkle the chicken evenly with salt.  Place 3 sage leaves on each cutlet; wrap 2 prosciutto slices around each cutlet, securing sage leaves in place.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat.  Add 1 tbsp. oil to pan, and swirl to coat.  Add chicken to pan; cook for 2 minutes on each side or until done.  Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.

Combine broth, lemon juice, and corn starch in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth.  Add cornstarch mixture and the remaining 1 tsp. olive oil to pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk.  Cook for 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring contantly with a whisk.  Spoon sauce over chicken.  Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...