Friday, February 4, 2011

Herbed Balsamic Chicken with Blue Cheese

This recipe made me think of summer as I stare longingly out my deck door waiting for the 2 feet of snow that fell the other day to melt.  I am watching the weather forecast as I type and judging from what I am hearing, that snow isn't going anywhere fast!  Guess we'll make this recipe on the Foreman for the time being!

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C. balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
1 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 tsp. Herbs de Provence
1 3 to 4 wedge blue cheese, cut into 6 slices

Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag.  Whisk vinegar, 3 tbsp. oil, 1 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper in a small bowl.  Add to chicken; seal bag.  Chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.

Prepare grill (medium high heat).  Brush grill rack with oil.  Arrange chicken on grill.  Sprinkle with Herbs de Provence, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.  Grill chicken until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.  Transfer to plates; top each with blue cheese and serve.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

We had this tonight and it turned out really good. We used Danish blue cheese and it had tons more flavor than other blue cheeses we have tried. I do think it will be better when we can grill outdoors without having to dodge the lightning, thunder, sleet, hail and snow that is falling tonight.

Also, I bet it would be good if you swapped out the Herbs de Provence for Greek seasoning and the blue cheese for feta.

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...