Friday, April 1, 2011

Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Garlic Crumbs

I think I found the asparagus dish I want to serve on Easter.  Spring is here and the asparagus is getting better every week.  I just not sure I can roast the asparagus at 450 degrees while I have a turkey and a ham in.  Hmmm, maybe we adapt and make this sauteed asparagus with Parmesan garlic crumbs.  We'll have to see.  The Easter plot thickens!

1/4 C. panko
1/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. plus 1 tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 small garlic clove, minced
Dash cayenne pepper
1 1/2lbs asparagus
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Combine panko, cheese, 2 tsp. of the oil, garlic and cayenne pepper in a shallow baking dish or pie pan.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, stirring several times and watching closely.  Place in a small bowl.  Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.

Place asparagus on large rimmed baking sheet in single layer; sprinkle with remaining oil, salt and pepper.  Roll asparagus to coat.  Bake at 450 for 7 to 12 minutes or until tender, turning once or twice.  Sprinkle with panko mixture.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...