Monday, January 2, 2012

Magic Cookie Bars

I have made these several times and they were on the list for this past Christmas but I ran out of time.  We might need some of these treats before the next holiday season rolls around.  Oddly enough I bought enough baking supplies to last me the whole year.  I currently have 16lbs of sugar in the house and 12 or 13 bags of semi sweet morsels.  Maybe I should just open my own bakery...;-)

1 1/2 C. graham cracker crumbs
1/2 C. margarine, melted
1 C. chopped walnuts (or pecans if you have them)
3/4 C. semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 C. butterscotch chips
1 1/2 C. flaked coconut
1 1/3 C. sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a 9x13 inch pan pour in melted margarine.  Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the margarine.  Next place the chopped nuts over the crumbs and spread the chocolate and butterscotch chips over the nuts.  Add the coconut over all, and pour the milk evenly over the top.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.  Cool at least 20 minutes then cut into desired sized bars.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...