Monday, January 9, 2012

Piglets in Blankets

OK, here is an appetizer that DID make the cut for NYE.  They were actually a request from my sister.  I tweaked the age old recipe to include little smokies instead of regular wienies.  They were yummy.  For those keeping score, I also made the Caprese Party Picks from a previous post as well as cheese truffles.  2012 started the was 2011 ended; with good food!

You will need mini wienies, you pick if they are plain or smokey.  1 package of wienies uses approximately 1.5 tubes of crescent roll dough.  Pull apart the triangles and cut them in half making sure you have a good starting point to roll.  That sounds dubious, I know but if you start putting them together, you will understand what I mean.

Roll the dough around the wienies and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment.  Bake approximately 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.  Serve with mustard if desired.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...