Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fettucine with Sweet Pepper Cayenne Sauce

I wonder if I can sneak this pasta dish past the kids when they are here.  It's not your regular spaghetti but I suppose if you wanted, you could add meatballs.  The recipe calls for low fat sour cream which I am not a fan of.  There are certain thinks I cannot sacrifice my full fat version; sour cream fits into that category along with cream cheese.

12oz. dry fettucine pasta
2 red bell peppers, julienned
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (go easy on this if you're not used to cayenne; many times I use about half of what a recipe calls for and we like hot stuff in our house)
1 C. reduced fat sour cream
3/4 C. chicken broth
3/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.  Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

Meanwhile, spray cooking oil in a large skillet and saute red bell peppers, garlic and cayenne pepper over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.

Stir in sour cream and broth; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.   Remove from heat and stir in cheese.

Toss hot pasta with sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Serve.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...