Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012 Wrap Up


The family must have enjoyed Easter 2011 because they agreed to come back this year.  I decided to switch up the menu as well.  This year we had beef tenderloin, Chris' world famous mashed potatoes, asparagus with garlic toasted panko, spinach salad, carrots and corn with butter and basil, and two distinct food groups in our family; jello and olives.  We finished the meal with my mother in law's citrus cake and not one but two lamb cakes and as I am typing this I am realizing that I didn't take pictures of the lambs.  Bummer, but I am guessing that you have seen a lamb cake or two before.  We had one coconut free and one covered in coconut.  Oh yeah, and candy...jellybean nests, truffles and what meal in my family would be complete without Fannie May?


These are my beef tenderloins seared and ready for the oven.






Chris' potatoes--> These are the bomb and not the slightest bit WW friendly!


Table setting still in set up phase.



I loved pinwheels as a kid and thought they would look great with the tulips for  our centerpieces.

Just about dinner time; yes, we're having beef and white wine.  I've never been one to follow the rules for wine.  We had Barefoot Riesling and it was delish!




If you're looking for recipes for what we ate yesterday, several of them are on the blog.  Beef tenderloin, herbed corn and carrots, and roasted asparagus with Parmesan garlic crumbs.  Chris' potatoes will be posted shortly.  My aunt made a spinach salad which consisted of spinach, red onion, mushrooms, bacon, hard boiled egg and croutons.  It was outstanding with balsamic dressing.  The jello was strawberry with mashed bananas in it--it's been a fan favorite since I was a child.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...