Sunday, May 27, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

I love oatmeal.  I crack up every time I see the new McDonald's commercial featuring the blueberry oatmeal which the lady claiming that when she was a child, oatmeal had 2 ingredients; oat and meal.  She blogs about the new recipe.  I am going to blog about this recipe.  I found this recipe online and in the photo, the oatmeal is topped with raspberries.  I have been buying raspberries the last few weeks and they have been out of this world.  It was 97 degrees today so I am not sure when I am going to make this recipe.  Yes, 97 degrees on May 26th.  It seems I have brought the heat from Arizona. :(  This is something I could make once a week and eat for breakfast during the week at work.

1/2 C. vegetable oil
3/4 C. white sugar
2 eggs
1 C. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. baking powder
3 C. quick cooking oats
1/2 C. raisins (I am sure you could sub craisins or dried cherries)
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Beat together oil and sugar.  Mix in eggs, milk, salt, baking powder, oatmeal.  Beat well, then stir in raisins.  Pour into a lightly greased pie pan.  Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Refrigerate overnight.

The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Bake in preheated oven until firm, about 35 minutes.  Serve hot.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...