Saturday, May 12, 2012

Kalua Pig in a Slow Cooker

OK, we're going to roast a pig in my back yard!  Anyone reading this who has been to my house knows 1. my yard really isn't big enough to have a spit big enough to roast a whole pig and 2. I own a beagle who would grab said pig and run as fast as her little legs would carry her as soon as I turned my back.

Roasting a pig in a crock pot seems MUCH safer!

1 6lb. pork butt roast
1 1/2 tbsp. Hawaiian sea salt
1 tbsp. Liquid Smoke

Pierce pork all over with a carving fork.  Rub salt then Liquid Smoke over meat.  Place roast in slow cooker.

Cover and cook on low 16 to 20 hours, turning once during cooking time.

Remove meat from slow cooker and shred, adding drippings as needed to moisten.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...