Sunday, July 8, 2012

Quick, write it down!

I have those moments every so often when I am throwing something together and I think I should add this to the blog only to get caught up in something and not get it done.  I went to the farmer's market today and got a couple of small summer squashes.  I sliced them thin; broke out the mandoline...still have all my fingers.

I sauteed the squash in olive oil until it wilted.  While it was sauteing, I added fresh cracked pepper, a little sea salt, and some heirloom tomatoes I had sliced.  Right before pulling it off the flame, I added 2 cloves of crushed garlic.


I put the mixture in a bowl and topped it with some feta cheese and a little panko.  I just finished it and it was delish!

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...