Sunday, August 19, 2012

Apricot Pie

I found this recipe in last week's issue of People Magazine.  I only wish I had found it earlier in apricot season because I was hard pressed to find 2lbs of decent apricots at the Poot this morning.  As much as I like the Poot, I can do without the people who shop there and eat apricots or cherries or whatever while they shop.  I don't leave my pits around for other people to find; trust me, I don't want to find yours.


My version isn't as pretty as the photo in People but it was yummy...the photos of mine are included here.

1 9 inch frozen deep dish pie crust
2lbs. fresh apricots
1 stick butter, melted
3/4 C. light brown sugar
3/4 C. flour
ground nutmeg to taste
2 tbsp. sliced almonds


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Break apricots apart with your fingers.  Do not peel; remove the pits.

In a bowl, combine butter and brown sugar, then flour.  Add some nutmeg.

Put apricots in unbaked shell.  Cover them with sugar mixture and sprinkle with almonds.


Put pie in bottom rack of oven.  After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for 35 to 40 minutes more until top is golden.  Transfer to wire rack to cool.

Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.


No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...