Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Skillet Chicken and Ravioli

I found this in the latest version of Food Network Magazine...I sometimes wonder what we did before the Food Network.  I can remember bargaining with Comcast Cable before my package included the Food Network; offering up the Sci-Fi channel in exchange for Food Network.  I would have swapped the Golf Channel too and I love golf.  Now I've got the Food Network, the Cooking Channel, one of the Food Network's stars is from my hometown, and I am a pretty decent cook myself.  Life is beautiful!

Kosher salt
1 9oz. pkg. cheese ravioli
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 1/4lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
Freshly ground pepper
8oz. white mushrooms, halved
1 C. halved cherry tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/3 C. low sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 C. chopped fresh parsley, basil, or a combination of the two

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.  Add the ravioli and cook as the label directs; drain, then drizzle with olive oil and toss.

Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper.  Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat.  Add the chicken, cook, undisturbed, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.  Continue to cook, stirring, about 1 minute.  Transfer to a plate.

 Heat the remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil in the skillet.  Add the mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, until browned in spots, about 2 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.  Stir in the tomatoes garlic, and vinegar and cook until the tomatoes begin to soften, about 2 minutes.  Return the chicken to the pan, then add the ravioli, broth and Parmesan; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through; about 4 minutes.  Top with parsley.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...