Sunday, April 28, 2019

Beer Cheese Mac and Cheese

We got to a brewery called Short Fuse that has amazing food.  Their Mac and cheese is probably the best I hav ever had and I make my own Mac and cheese recipe so I have skin in the game.

Chris was making ribs in the smoker today so I decided to try my hand at beer cheese Mac and cheese.

I used oriechette pasta (little ears)...about 2/3 of a pound, cooked following box instructions

While the water was boiling, I made the cheese sauce...by the way, I used a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.   In a sauce pan, I brought a cup of whole milk, 2/3 C. Velveeta processed cheese food, 1/2 of a beer...I used Allagash White and 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard...when the Veveeta was melted, I added 1/4 C. each of shredded Gouda, Swiss, and sharp cheddar.  Cook on low to medium heat until all cheese is melted.  Mix together cooked pasta and 1/2 cup total of shredded Gouda, Swiss and cheddar.  Place the mixture in the casserole dish that had been sprayed with cooking spray.

Just before pouring the cheese sauce over the pasta mixture, I added a pinch of cayenne to the cheese sauce.  After pouring the cheese sauce over the pasta, I topped it with plain panko bread crumbs and shredded cheddar cheese.

Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the topping is golden brown.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...