Monday, July 8, 2019

Mushroom and Beef Ravioli Soup

I realize this isn’t exactly soup season.  But, I will want to make this while my thyme plant is still flourishing.  I could also see swapping out the beef ravioli for cheese or chicken; I would change the broth to chicken too, if using chicken ravioli.

1 tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
6oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 miniature red sweet peppers, stemmed and sliced
1 32oz. container mushroom or beef broth
1 20oz. pkg. frozen beef ravioli
Fresh thyme leaves
Black pepper

In a 4 quart Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat.  Add onion, mushrooms and sweet peppers.  Cook and stir 4 minutes or until tender.  Stir in broth; bring to boiling. Stir in ravioli, return to boiling.  Reduce heat.

Cook, uncovered, 5 to 8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.  Sprinkle with thyme and pepper.

Per serving: 357 calories, 12g. fat, 64mg. cholesterol, 645mg. sodium, 45g. carbohydrates, 3g. fiber, 16g. protein

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...