Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Barbecued Chicken Pizza

I am adding this to my pizza repertoire.  I think I will use a purple onion.  I like they way they taste with chicken and barbecue sauce.  I will also use a combo of Cheddar and mozzarella...it will add color and flavor.  Finally if I am working with fresh pizza dough, I will par bake the crust for 10 to 15 minutes.  It will ensure a crispier crust.

1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 small green pepper, julienned
1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 pizza crust
1 C. barbecue sauce
2 C. shredded cooked chicken
2 C. shredded Cheddar cheese


In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender, set aside.  Prepare pizza dough and press into 12 inch pizza pan.  Spread barbecue sauce to within 1 inch of the edges.

Layer with chicken, onion mixture and cheese.  Bake at 450 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.

No comments:

Key Lime Bars

 We love key lime pie.  I found this recipe in the April/May issue of Taste of Home.  It will be a nice addition to some of our spring and s...